Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ah, that unique end of the year time slot when my work is over at the university and Jake is still in school. It is a true luxury to have entire days all to myself. It makes me realize the beauty of pre-marriage and pre-child days! I wouldn't trade my life now, but it was so much easier then! I've cleaned out my bedroom and the closets and took bags of cloths and shoes to the resale store and to the charity. The only reasonable way to justify buying anything new! I finished knitting my Aran sweater and it turned out awesome -- just like I wanted it to. It hardly needed any blocking, just a light steaming from on the reverse side. It's big and baggy and comfy. Yeah!! I've started (for the 3rd time) a lace shawl. Lace is frustrating!! Lifelines, lifelines! And I've been buying way too many beading supplies and making way too many earrings. But it is so much fun. Hopefully I get to sell some to reduce the stock and to fund more jewelry making. Everything in Iowa is popping with green. It's amazing how the desolate, barren winter landscape literally bursts with green in just a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment